Before you download and attempt to update
- Only use the supplied USB Cable.
- Use a USB 2.0 Port if available, if not and you have problems connecting initially, stop and call us.
- FYI - MAC OS updates have been causing problems and bricked units during updates.
- iOS 16 and 16.1 has generated a bug in SoundSend application 1.0.7 that displays MCU, DSP, and Tx versions as "0.0". This does not affect functionality.
- The Bluetooth Connectivity Firmware update is Highly Recommended and does not require any MCU firmware updates.
SoundSend Firmware Update Instructions (PC or Mac required)
SoundSend Firmware Revision History
- Extract the bin file from the .zip or .rar archive file to your laptop/desktop computer.
NOTE: You must extract the file from the .ZIP archive (compressed file). Viewing the file and trying to drag and drop it from the .ZIP archive viewer will not work.
- Create a folder where you want the firmware update file to reside, or just leave it in your Downloads folder. If you create a new folder, name the folder with the firmware file revision number, such as 1.20, for example
- If you did create a new folder, move the .zip file containing the firmware update to the new folder, and then open that folder.
- Double-click the .ZIP file to extract the firmware update file “SSMCU.BIN” to the current folder along with brief release notes. You will be moving ONLY the "SSMCU.BIN" file to the SoundSend folder in step 6.
- *NOTE: If your SoundSend is not showing up when you hold the button and plug it in while continuing to hold the button, please take a look at this helpful troubleshooting article since this is a common problem with how Apple connects to other products. EaseUS - USB drive not showing up on MACs (FIX 1-5 and FIX 9 only) Please do not try to reformat this unit under any circumstance.
- Right-click on the .ZIP file and select Extract All to extract the firmware update file “SSMCU.BIN” to the current folder, along with brief release notes. You will be moving ONLY the "SSMCU.BIN" file to the SoundSend folder in step 6.
- Plugin the micro end of the SoundSend power cable to SoundSend.
- PRESS and HOLD the button on the top of SoundSend WHILE you plug the USB A end of the cable into your laptop/desktop for 3 seconds after connecting.
- Release the button after 3 seconds. The LED will be flashing Red.
- A Windows/Mac drive/file folder --may-- automatically open on your screen. If it does not, open File Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac) and double-click to open the "SoundSend" drive in a new folder.
- Drag SSMCU.bin to the SoundSend folder. SoundSend automatically starts the update process.
- The process is complete when SoundSend’s flashing Red LED starts flashing White.
--Be patient: MCU update can take up to 1 minute to complete, starting from the file drag/drop!--
NOTE: If the LED remains Red after the update, unplug SoundSend from the laptop/desktop and repeat the update process. This update failure is not catastrophic, but it does happen on occasion and usually works with a second try.
- Unplug the USB A end of the SoundSend power cable.
- Reattach SoundSend to its power supply and to the TV.
- Enjoy your audio experience.
For answers to questions in regards to SoundSend Basic Functionality (i.e. "What does it mean when White/Light Green light flashes?") Please review our SoundSend Basics Article